I just wanted a place to rest that wasn't hideous. This room has evolved over 8 years. I've added one layer at a time as I learned and explored what I really like. I've made a few mistakes along the way like a pea green wall color that made me look ill. Just because you like a color doesn't mean it's good for romance.
1. This mirror was an impulse buy for my daughter's room. But when I brought it home, I loved it way more for my room. Sorry baby girl.
2. I purchased similar shades to these for my Master Bedroom about 6 years ago. They are a classic look that started to add a layer of textured detail. I found mine at Ikea for cheap.
3. I actually like these curtains better than the ones that hang in my boudoir. Mine work well though and are the same color with a sheen to them. I wanted to add more texture to the room. I purchased two sets from Overstock - one for window coverings and one for the closet opening. Unfortunately I let a few reviews get in my head and they morphed into shower curtains. That is until I bought the pillows in #7 that really pulled the room together.
4. The headboard. I had a lot of fun with this one. My sister and I made this together a few summers ago. It only took one day and came out great. I spent days researching the size, shape, and design I wanted. In the end I invested most of my budget into the fabric - a good idea because that's what you see and feel. I waited for a JoAnn's promotion to get the fabric 1/2 off ($65 to $33/yrd.)
5. Ikea dressers! A practical buy that looks great. Clean lines... ahhh.
6. I wanted my duvet to add some depth to the room decor. The ruching really helped accomplish this and create more interest.
7. The pillows were such a great find. A few months ago I saw them at T.J. Max and bought them on the spot. They pulled the room together and gave it that polished look I was going for.
8. From the beginning I had these frames. I displayed pictures from an anniversary trip my husband and I took. This was a great way to add a personal and romantic touch to "our" room.
So Annie should be happy. She's been asking for this post and I finally committed and did it. I love the evolution that constantly occurs in my home and it's extremely satisfying when a room finally feels "done."

No comments:
Post a Comment